- This parser only supports VCARD and VCALENDAR files
- Content is:
The document has moved
The document has moved
Welcome to the Mount Horeb K-5 PTO Website!
We hope you enjoy your visit.
This site is currently undergoing a rebuild so many areas are not current.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
With the current economic conditions, our schools' budgets are spread thin. The PTO has had to diversify our fundraising in an effort to help make up for those dollars that have been cut. In lieu of participating in fundraising, donations are welcome year-round at any of our schools; simply make your check payable to the Mt. Horeb K-5 PTO. Again, we thank you for your support!
What happens to all those “FUNDS RAISED”?
The money raised through the PTO goes to fund a variety of events, field trips, books, supply purchases, and many other things that are not covered by the District budget. Each year the PTO budgets a set amount per student based on projected revenue, and the funds are allocated to each grade for the teachers to determine their best use throughout the school year.
Our goal for the 2015-2016 school year is to raise $7.00 per child in the K-5 grades, which means attempting to raise just under $12,000 for the school year.
Here is a list of activities that funds went to last year 2014-2015
Category: About Us
- Kindergarden trip to Burres Berry Patch and Partial pay to Blue Star Dairy
- 1st Grade - I Pads-
- 2nd Grade Scholastic books, book baskets, reading supplies, classroom supplies, library books
- 2nd Grade partial pay IMAX Theater
- Multi-age Overture Center Wild Kratts
- 3rd Grade Reading skills books
- 3rd Grade Rolb Jamison Mining Museum
- 3rd Grade Didgeridoo Activity
- 3rd Grade 3 Chrome Books
- 4th Grade Bethal Horizons Field Trip
- 4th Grade Tom Pease performance
- 5th Grade Culver Scoop coins for Book competition and science turtle races
- 5th Grade Prizes for Battle of the Books
- 5th Grade- 2 Chrome Books
- RAT- Computer Adapters, Nurturing Hearts Library for staff, snacks for homework club, Utility cart for Artroom, Ukeleles for IC music
- Recess Equipment- ELC/PC-sidewalk chalk, 3 Large steel Dump Trucks- IC- Ball Cart
- Historical Society crafts for K-2
- Volunteer Appreciation Day @ IC
- Food for Teachers during Fall and Spring Conferences
- Reading Coupons for Family Reading Night @ IC
- Saftey Patrol Field Trip
- Science/Art Night
From our friends at the Mt. Horeb Game Club, comes...
Family Game Night
November 19th, 5:30pm–8pm
At the Intermediate Center
Playtime Productions: The Emperor's New Cloths
Sponsored by the Mt. Horeb K-5 PTO
Wednesday, December 2nd at 6:30pm
At the Mt. Horeb High School
The purpose of the Mt. Horeb K-5 PTO is to advocate for children, teachers, parents, and schools. We strive to create a closer working relationship between home and school and to enhance communication among parents, teachers, and community members.
The PTO is dedicated to enriching Mt. Horeb school children’s educational experience. The PTO is your organization. Your participation is valuable and indispensable! Please help at any level that your schedule allows. Volunteers are needed to design and implement PTO programs and projects and to help coordinate existing activities. Please share your time and talents! We thank you for your past support, and ask you for your continued involvement in these wonderful programs.
Formed in the fall of 1989 this organization is open to all parents of elementary children as well as elementary teachers and community members.Category: About Us
You can now subscribe to our Calendar of Events so that it syncs with your own calendar!
To subscribe to our Calendar of Events using nearly any mobile device, (Android, iOS, etc.) simply click on the below link. Your device should walk you through the rest of the process.
To subscribe to our Calendar of Events using Google and a web browser from any internet connected computer or device, see here. To subscribe to our Calendar of Events from your Apple OS based computer, see here.